US - Blog.
The latest news, videos and workouts from the Escape Fitness Team.
Row House Founders on Scaling and Selling Indoor Rowing Boutique
On this week's episode of the Escape Your Limits podcast, we sit down with Eric Von Frohlich and Debra Strougo, the husband-and-wife team who founded Row House, the highly successful indoor boutique rowing franchise and Xponential brand.
Through blood, sweat, and tears, they’ve discovered a way to do the work they love while also empowering people through community.
In this episode, they share how they manage to balance family and business, carve out time for wellness to achieve optimal health and performance, and how Row House continues to stand out in a crowded boutique studio landscape.
As entrepreneurs, they’ve had to be extremely committed to their vision and make intentional sacrifices to turn their dreams into a reality, but the plan was always to scale and sell Row House.
This is their story and it’s definitely an episode you’ll want to tune in to.
About the Escape Your Limits Podcast.
The Escape Your Limits podcast is a free, on-demand weekly audio and video release that reveals the mental, physical, and emotional elements involved in standing out above everybody else.
Every episode enables an ambitious audience to discover why successful people keep going when others quit, and what keeps them at the top of their game day after day. Shortcuts are not for dreamers. Our guests prove that constant hard work fuelled by the right frame of mind is what turns dreams into a reality. With the Escape Your Limits podcast, entrepreneurs share specific, actionable, real-life experiences and demonstrate how to champion your highest potential and make success happen for anyone. And we are just getting started.
Eric Von Frohlich and Debra Strougo on the Escape Your Limits podcast.
Who are Eric Von Frohlich and Debra Strougo?
Eric Von Frohlich and Debra Strougo are the husband-and-wife team who founded Row House, the highly successful indoor boutique rowing franchise and Xponential brand. They met teaching on the NYC fitness scene.
They followed their passion for fitness and grew two brands with their own pennies and a lot of blood, sweat and tears — creating security for their family of 5 and jobs that they love.
Row House has revolutionized the way people not only view the experience of rowing but also solved a problem and created a low-impact, cardio enhancing, full-body strength workout for the 70% of the population not working out.
Today, the franchise has plans to expand to over 250 locations throughout the US and Canada.
Visit www.therowhouse.com to learn more!
Visit https://book.hookpoint.com to learn more about Brendan Kane and his latest book, Hook Point.
Eric Von Frohlich and Debra Strougo episode highlights.
- Why it’s crucial to stick to your vision.
- Secrets to running a business with your partner and leveraging each other’s strengths.
- The story behind creating a very inclusive, scalable brand that was designed to go global.
- How to make intentional sacrifices for your business.
- Regardless of how successful you are, there’s always more work to be done.
- How they targeted 70% of the population that doesn’t work out.
- The importance of approaching every problem and every solution with gratitude.
- Accomplishing big things without sacrificing family, their values, or their core beliefs.
- Celebrating the small victories.
- Coming up with real solutions when you have limited resources, time, and money.
- Being an entrepreneur is not all fun and games.
For more news and views about fitness, wellbeing and workouts, visit the blog homepage.