After a childhood growing up on a farm in Spain, where Danny was inspired by the muscular arms of his leather shoe maker uncle, he moved to The States and started bodybuilding.
It was here that he was introduced to Vince Gironda, the ‘Iron Guru’. This introduction changed Danny’s life and set him on a path that would establish him as one of America’s highest profile personal trainers.
Tune-in to learn about how he found fitness as an escape route from gang culture, his early role models – from his Uncle to Schwarzenegger, his method of creating ‘personal perfection’ and the lessons learnt from Vince Gironda, the Einstein of Bodybuilding.
Throughout our interview, we cover:
● Early role models, from his Uncle to Arnold Schwarzenegger
● Sports and fitness as an escape route from drugs and gang culture
● The lightbulb moment he decided he wanted to train others
● Learning from the Einstein of bodybuilding, Vince Gironda
● The method of creating personal perfection
● Discussing different training motivations between genders
● Social media and its detrimental impact on realistic physiques
● Training and recovery changes that come with age
● The importance of testing your hormone levels
● The state of our food industry and the impact on our bodies
Learn more about Danny Torgly: https://dannytorgl.com