US - Our Solutions - OLYMPIC WEIGHTLIFTING INSTRUCTOR COURSE.
Why take this course? The Olympic Lifts have become synonymous with high-level performance and conditioning. As a result it would be very difficult to find a top level sports person, regardless of their field of endeavour, who has not trained in the Snatch, Clean or Jerk.
The Olympic Lifts are excellent for developing speed, acceleration, coordination and power - components of fitness that are highly sought after. However, it is not just elite athletes who can benefit from learning and training in the Olympic Lifts, everybody with an interest in fitness can benefit from learning the lifts and their progressions. As our industry continues to develop, training methods like weightlifting are fast becoming mainstream.
As the increase in popularity continues, appropriate education is even more important, as trainers start to introduce more clients to weightlifting within fitness programmes. Correct methods and techniques are essential for safe, effective performance and for the results that follow. With correct technique being critical when learning the lifts, coaches need face-to-face education to gain the teaching experience.
By completing the Olympic Weightlifting Instructor Course, you will get the essential skills to learn and develop your own technique, whilst being able to introduce and progress clients through the lifts.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE?
- Have you found it difficult to introduce clients to weightlifting?
- Are you looking for an effective weightlifting system to use in your own and your clients' training?
- Do you need a system to develop your weightlifting techniques?
- Are you looking for the best methods to implement the Olympic Lifts into your programmes?
- Have you been trying to introduce weightlifting into your cross training sessions and struggling to do it effectively?
The Olympic Weightlifting Instructor Course is a two-day instructor training course designed to teach trainers and coaches the following:
- Safety when weightlifting and how to warm-up for the lifts.
- The Snatch, its progressions, variations and assistant lifts.
- The Clean, its progressions, variations and assistant lifts.
- The Jerk, its progressions, variations and assistant lifts.
- The assistant exercise to improve performance.
- Programme design methods to implement Olympic weightlifting.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM THIS COURSE.
- Learn the two Olympic Lifts in full: the Snatch and the Clean and Jerk.
- Understand the specialist techniques involved in performing Olympic Lifts effectively and safely.
- Learn how to teach clients to perform the lifts.
- Learn how to break down the two major lifts and perform each component correctly.
- Learn how to implement the Olympic Lifts into training sessions and design new programmes for weightlifting.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.
Time: 8 Hours
REPs Points: 16
Assessment: Face-to-face practical teaching and programming assessment, online theory assessment
Participants receive their certification online once completed.
Available to: Personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches and other health practitioners.