US - Blog.
The latest news, videos and workouts from the Escape Fitness Team.
The Art of Negotiating with Master Negotiator Chris Voss
Chris Voss is the former #1 Lead International Kidnapping Negotiator for the FBI.
He is the author of the bestselling book "Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended on It," and the CEO of Black Swan Group.
His many years of experience in international crisis and high-stakes negotiations helped him to develop a unique program and team that applies these globally proven techniques to the business world.
Chris Voss was trained in the art of negotiation by not only the FBI but Scotland Yard and Harvard Law School. His mission used to be to save people's lives.
Today, his mission is to help people change their lives.
In our illuminating interview, we discuss:
- How to negotiate with a customer you can't afford to lose.
- The two most critical skills to become a master negotiator.
- What people tell you is really only 7% of what’s going on.
- In a negative mindset, you're not as smart as when you're thinking positive.
- How your personality type affects your negotiation style.
- The power of being genuinely curious.
- Why bargaining should be your last move in a negotiation.
- Trust based influence vs. manipulation.
- How can you tell if someone is lying?
- The deal killer in the room is often as important as the decision maker.
- What is tactical empathy and how can you use it to negotiate?
- Why you're in so much trouble if somebody looks at you and says, “You're right.”
Check out his website: https://www.blackswanltd.com/home
Read his book: https://info.blackswanltd.com/never-split-the-difference
Chris Voss on the Escape Your Limits podcast.