US - Blog.
The latest news, videos and workouts from the Escape Fitness Team.
The 3 Best Bulgarian Bag Exercises
Three issues into our new style Workouts of the Week and three is most definitely the magic number. This time Tommy Matthews brings us his top three Bulgarian Bag workouts.
Spin into Arm Throw
1. Perform a spin with the bag allowing it to travel behind the head.
2. As the bag travels past the legs prepare to transition into an arm throw catch on the shoulder.
3. Swing the bag onto the shoulder, absorb the load and then return the bag back across the body and into another spin in the opposite direction.
4. As the bag travels around the head and down past the body, prepare to catch it on the opposite shoulder in the arm throw catch position.
Lateral Arm Throw Woodchop Combo
1. With the bag on the shoulder, rotate the torso and throw the bag across the body to catch it on the opposite shoulder.
2. From this catch position, throw it across the body and stop it dead to the outside of the opposite foot.
3. Draw the bag back onto the shoulder, then throw it across the body and catch it on the opposite shoulder.
4. The final part is to throw it across the body and stop it dead to the outside of the opposite foot.
5. Draw it back to the shoulder and then start again with a lateral arm throw across to the opposite shoulder.
Modified Swing Snatch
1. Swing the bag through the legs, loading through the posterior chain.
2. Extend the hips to send the bag upwards.
3. Pull and punch with the arms to flick the bag over the head.
4. As the bag falls towards the back, drop under it and catch it on the mid back.
5. Make contact with the elbows and the bag.
6. Launch the bag off the back using the arms and legs to create power.
Want to use these exercises for power endurance?
For an even more taxing power and endurance workout, try this routine:
- 10 x Spin into Arm Throw
- 10 x Lateral Arm Throw Woodchop Combo
- 10 x Modified Swing Snatch
- 60 seconds rest
- Complete 4 to 8 rounds
Good luck everyone! Check back next time for one of our craziest WoWs yet…