US - Blog.
The latest news, videos and workouts from the Escape Fitness Team.
An explosive strength and power workout in 30 seconds
Welcome to the second of our new-look Workouts of the Week. In the space of less than a minute Tommy will guide you through his new Strength and Power routine. This’ll reap some big dividends for clients who really want to build their capacity for explosive power and strength moves. They’re going to love it.
Here’s the routine:
3 x Back Squat @ 80% 1RM
Rest 45 seconds
5 x Box Jump
2 x Sled Push @ 60% Max Push
Rest 90 seconds
Repeat 4 times
- Load the bar up with the required weight on a squat rack.
- Step under the bar and tighten up the trunk and torso before lifting the bar off the supports.
- Step back and set up in a squat stance.
- Lower the hips to the floor, allowing knees to bend and keeping torso upright.
- The bar should be in line with the mid foot.
- Go to a full range without compromising the neutral lumbar position or falling in with the knees.
- Return to standing by activating the glutes.
- Lower into a squat to create the explosive power needed to jump onto the box.
- Drive upwards extending at the ankle, knee and hip.
- Land on the box and absorb the load.
- Jump back off the box, landing on the toes first before heels and eccentrically decelerating the load.
- Drop the upper body into a horizontal position.
- Hips should be in line or just below shoulders.
- Drive through the legs and keep the arms straight.
Power to the people!
Tommy will be back with another new-look WoW next issue. In the meantime, just let us know if you’d like to find out more about any aspects of this routine, or any of the products we used. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on:
UK: +44 (0)1733 313 535
USA: +1 (614)-706-4462
Germany: +49 (0)2921 590 10 70
Copyright © 2016 Escape Fitness Ltd. All rights reserved.