US - Blog.
The latest news, videos and workouts from the Escape Fitness Team.
30 minute total body blast workout
This Workout of the Week comes from guest presenters Laura and Julie, with an effective GRIPR workout.
This 5 exercise, high-intensity workout features 45 seconds of exercise with 15 seconds of rest. Perform the round 4-6 times for a 20-30 minute workout that will condition the whole body.
- With a flat palm under the GRIPR, drive the GRIPR up and over the body from left to right, and vice versa.
- Power through the legs and core and keep the shoulders back.
Overhead lunge with plyo jump
- Hold the GRIPR above the head with extended arms and drop the back leg into a lunge.
- Perform a plyometric jump and swap legs. Power through the legs and keep the core engaged.
Press up and grab with a lateral plank rotation
- In a press up position, and with one hand on the GRIPR, perform a press up.
- At the top of the press, grab the GRIPR with that hand and rotate to press it above the head.
- Repeat on the other side.
GRIPR slam to side burpee and shoulder press
- Slam the GRIPR into the ground in front of the feet.
- Perform a burpee to one side, grab the GRIPR on the way up and press it overhead.
- Repeat, jumping the burpee out to the opposite side.
- In a plank position using an appropriate weight, throw the GRIPR out to the side.
- Crab walk to the side to chase the GRIPR – keep the hips low and the core engaged for maximum difficulty and effect.
- Throw the GRIPR back in the opposite direction, and repeat.
The GRIPR is a versatile tool, and is excellent for introducing people to engaging functional training. Plus, with a range from 2kg to 20kg, you can confidently cater for all members, from children and teenagers right through to competitive athletes. Please note – weight availability may vary by country.
If you haven’t added the GRIPR to your club yet, you can buy it here directly from the Escape shop.